Bunya Road Bridge Upgrade
- Clearing and grubbing
- All Excavations – 12,628m3
- Road Embankment – 2,151m3
- Unbound Pavements – 2,735m3
- Prime, grade [AMC0] – 4,900m2
- Seal, class [C170] – 4,900m2
- Heavy Duty Dense Grade Asphalt – 4900m2
- Structural Concrete – 571m3
- Prestressed concrete deck and kerb units (1050 x 26930) – 45no.
- PUP removal, relocation and Installation
- Stormwater Drainage
- Road Lighting
- Soil nailing
- Pavements & Footpath
This $5.0M project forms part of MBRC’s $536.0M commitment to improving road safety, flood mitigation and community facilities throughout the Moreton Bay region.
The two-lane bridge over the South Pine River features a three-spans of prestressed girders, prefabricated steel, 180m3 of cast in situ reinforced concrete deck and asphalt pavement. Approach works included realignment of the existing road, drainage construction, landscaping and revegetation works and construction of fauna passages.
The newly constructed bridge was open to traffic in February 2018 and now provided a safe and accessibility for motorists, residents and emergency services during severe weather.