Bunya Road Bridge Upgrade
- Clearing and grubbing
- All Excavations – 12,628m3
- Road Embankment – 2,151m3
- Unbound Pavements – 2,735m3
- Prime, grade [AMC0] – 4,900m2
- Seal, class [C170] – 4,900m2
- Heavy Duty Dense Grade Asphalt – 4900m2
- Structural Concrete – 571m3
- Prestressed concrete deck and kerb units (1050 x 26930) – 45no.
- PUP removal, relocation and Installation
- Stormwater Drainage
- Road Lighting
- Soil nailing
- Pavements & Footpath
This $5.0M project forms part of MBRC’s $536.0M plan which will see improvements to road safety, flood mitigation and community facilities throughout the Moreton Bay region.
Project works include the construction of a three span road bridge over South Pine River, Draper with precast concrete deck units including traffic rails and barriers. Approach works includes realignment of the existing road, construction of drainage, landscaping and revegetation works.
Throughout construction McIlwain successfully coordinated relocation of Telstra’s trunk utility service.
South Pine River and environs have high environmental value and is a known habitat for platypus, rainbow bee-eater bird and other fauna. As part of the April 26, 2017 preclear survey to determine presence, one experienced platypus ecologist/fauna spotter conducted physical searches, from within the water, along both river banks, utilising an aquatic, submersible borescope camera to investigate potential den entrances and nocturnal monitoring of the water surface within the site, and 100m either side of the site limits, with a Thermal Imaging Camera.